STEPS TO SALVATION
1. God loves you and wants you to experience peace and life - abundant and eternal.
2. Every person must be born again to know God and have everlasting life.
(John 3:3 & John 3:16)
3. The reason we must be born again is found in Rom. 3:23.
4. Eternal gift is a gift from God. You cannot earn it on your own. (Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2:8-9)
5. Being saved or born again is receiving Jesus as your Lord (Master), committing yourself to follow His Word (the Bible), and believing that God raised Jesus from the dead. (Rom. 10:9 & 1 John 2:3)
6. Are you ready to make this life – changing commitment?
7. Pray according to Rom. 10:9.
“God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. I ask You to come into my life. I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and I believe in my heart that You have raised Him from the dead. I turn my back on sin and I commit to follow You for the rest of my life. I thank You, Father, for saving me!”
8. You are now born again, forgiven and on your way to heaven. You are a new
creation. (2 Cor. 5:17). Yet this is only the beginning. You need to renew your mind to live a powerful life as a believer. (Rom. 12:2)
a. It is important to read the Bible regularly in order to grow. (Rom. 10:17)
b. Getting together with believers on a regular basis is important. (Heb. 10:25)
9. If you ever have doubts or when fears come to your mind about salvation, reject them and realize the Bible is what your salvation is based on, not what you think or feel. (Rom. 10:9)
10. It is important to be baptized in water as a believer. (Acts 10:48)
11. Being filled with the Holy Spirit is another gift God wants to give to you. You need His power in order to live the Christian life God wants you to live. (John 14:26)