STATEMENTS OF FAITH – THE FOUNDATION TRUTHS WE BELIEVE
1. We believe in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Each is individual in person but one in unity as the Godhead. The Father is God; the Son, Jesus Christ, is God; and the Holy Spirit is God. (Gen. 1:1; Matt. 3:16,17; 28:19; John 1:1-4).
2. We believe that the Bible, made up of 66 books, is the Word of God. It is the truth, inspired by God and the way of life for all Christians. (Psalm 119; 2 Tim. 3:16,17).
3. We believe that every person is in need of salvation and a spiritual birth to receive eternal life, and that salvation is available to every person through the life, crucifixion, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (John 3:1-21; 1 John 5:1-4).
4. We believe in the church, the body of Christ. It is the local assembly of Christians and the center of healing and spiritual growth for all believers. (Psalm 92:13,14; Matt. 16:18; Eph. 1:22,23).
5. We believe in evangelism, that all people should be saved, and that all Christians should participate on a local and worldwide scale in that mission. (Matt. 28:18,19; Mark 16:15-18; Acts 1:8).
6. We believe in water baptism for the born again person and the regular receiving of the Lord’s body and blood in the communion service. (Matt 3:16; 28:19; Acts 8:36-39).
7. We believe physical healing has been bought for all through the crucified body of Jesus. (Isa. 53:3-5; Matt. 8:16-17; 1 Peter 2:24).
8. We believe all born again people can and should be baptized with the Holy Spirit and speak with other tongues. (Mark 16:17; Acts 1:8; 2:1-4; 10:44-46; 19:1-7).
9. We believe that marriage is a divine institution and should be honored as such. (Gen. 2:20-25; Matt. 19:3-8; Eph. 5:22-33).
10. We believe that every person (including the unborn) is important to God and has divine value and an eternal destiny given by God. (Psalm 139:13-18; John 3:16; Eph. 1:3-6, 16-19; 2:10).
11. We believe in the eminent return of the Lord Jesus Christ for those who are born again. (Acts 1:9-11; 1 Thess. 4:14-18; 5:1-4).